BREAKING NEWS UT 2012 10 23 : Two comets in the same FOV TONIGHT! | freedomnewsroom.com

Categorized | Breaking News

BREAKING NEWS UT 2012 10 23 : Two comets in the same FOV TONIGHT!

ATTENTION LEVEL: URGENT (Event happens within 24hrs.) Comet 168P/Hergenrother and comet C/2012 J1 (Catalina) will be visible in the same field of view(FOV) tonight! Visit truemartian.com for more information!

25 Responses to “BREAKING NEWS UT 2012 10 23 : Two comets in the same FOV TONIGHT!”

1. truemartian says:

Stellarium

2. truemartian says:

Its free planetarium software for your computer. Visit my web site truemartian com for the link. Thanks for watching!

3. keifcompartment18 says:

what is that program that you are running in your background on the big screen?

4. truemartian says:

Good luck! I’d love to hear a report of your observations when you’ve finished. Not even I have taken the time to go through all 110 Messier objects in a year.

5. truemartian says:

Thanks so much for the feedback!

6. truemartian says:

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately at this time YouTube only allows me to place links to YouTube videos, playlists, channels, subscribe to link, and a limited number of external fundraising sites. Thus I have gathered all the pertinent links on my website: truemartian com

7. mikesatter says:

Thanks for all the great videos! Would you please place the links to the sites you mention in future videos were we can just click on them.

8. FitnessStoner420 says:

Thanks man! im gonna get to lookin ive only found 8 objects! 102 to go..

9. Jim Hendrickson says:

I love these breaking news videos by the way. I like the Stellarium background too. Keep up the great work!

10. truemartian says:

lol Indeed! Its raining here. I did get to see them on the second SLOOH live broadcast though. Pretty awesome!

11. Jim Hendrickson says:

So that’s why it is cloudy tonight… They were beyond my reach anyway, esp. with the moonlight.

12. truemartian says:

Thanks for watching!

13. thomasc1980 says:

Another great vid.  Always look forward to them.

14. truemartian says:

That is Stellarium! Its free software and the link can be found on my website: truemartian com

15. truemartian says:

Keep in mind that the Messier objects will be faint and a lot of them appear somewhat like fuzzy patches of light in smaller telescopes. Your biggest limitation is the sensitivity or lack thereof of your own eye.

16. truemartian says:

I’m guessing you probably won’t be able to see these comets visually with anything less than a 10. Even with a 10 they will be rather faint and you will need near zero light pollution. Make you visit the SLOOH robotic telescope web site for the live broadcast. There was a broadcast at 2100UT(5P EDT) today and another due for 0200UT(10P EDT). You should have no problem seeing all Messier objects with a 4.5 inch reflector(even the 76mm). For each object though it will depend on light pollution.

17. FitnessStoner420 says:

Hey truemartian! Always excited to see a new video, but anyway i doubt i will be able to see this with my little 76mm reflector will i? I havent got my 8 inch yet, im thinking about getting a 4.5 in just until i get a job, would i be able to see all the messier objects with that? or most of em? well the real question is could i see these comets with a 4.5 in?

18. MPV839 says:

Thanks for the info! What program is that running behind you?

19. truemartian says:

I would have to do some research but I’m guesstimating tens of millions of miles. An interesting fact: Hergenrother has an orbital period of about 7 years while Catalina a period of 200 years!

20. rbm980 says:

how close will these comets come froms the earth?thanks again.

21. truemartian says:

Won’t be able to image it here but I’m sure some amateur will. I’ll keep an eye out! Thanks for watching!

22. craigjkb says:

hope someone upload pics?

23. Jordan Gough says:

Cheers mate, i’ll have a look.

24. truemartian says:

Sure thing! Thanks for watching!

25. truemartian says:

If you can see the border of Andromeda and Pegasus. Check a star chart. Also keep in mind these are faint comets. Check out the SLOOH live feed! Visit truemartian com for the link.