Rich Don’t Influence Politics Enough – Billionaire Romney Backer | freedomnewsroom.com

Categorized | Politics

Rich Don’t Influence Politics Enough – Billionaire Romney Backer

Via Think Progress: “In an interview with the Chicago Tribune, Ken Griffin, a hedge fund billionaire who is one of the 400 richest people in America, argued that the ultrawealthy in this country don’t have enough influence over politics. Griffin went on to say that the ultrawealthy “have a duty” to step forward and save the US from what he says is a drift toward Soviet-style state control of the economy…”.* The Young Turks host Cenk Uygur breaks it down. * thinkprogress.org Subscribe to The Young Turks: bit.ly Find out how to watch The Young Turks on Current by clicking here: www.current.com The Largest Online New Show in the World. Google+: www.gplus.to Facebook: www.facebook.com Twitter: twitter.com

25 Responses to “Rich Don’t Influence Politics Enough – Billionaire Romney Backer”

1. Mike Erik says:

I hope the wealthy few realize how important it is to knock down the ladder of success they climbed so others have fewer opportunities to compete with them keeping the status quo in tact.

2. anotherconsumerslave says:

I thought Bribery of a politician was treason for both parties involved?

3. John Smith says:

I agree he’s gonna dig his own grave but the media wont help him at all where they will help Obama.
    He could of selected Mark Rubio as a running mate (he is latin).

4. John Smith says:

America isn’t half as poor as the majority of other countries.

5. John Smith says:

I think that one specific issue shouldn’t dictate someone’s vote (unless it’s like major). If I disagree with everything Obama says BUT I like his stance on gay rights, I probably shouldnt vote for him. Overall I will be disappointed.

6. mechaux1 says:

they call them stupid for voting republican as the party has show to have a bias against policies that help the black community overall
    not voting for obama is one’s own choice and i consider that to be a seperate issue the enemy of my enemy isn’t always my friend in short

7. abundamundo says:

I thought we the working class were who felt like victims, not valuing our lives. Romney blames his not being Latino for not getting elected. Talk about personal responsibility. Romney will not be elected because of him and himself only. Not because of the “liberal media” as his wife found to blame. Not because we like things for free. We are workers, we pay payroll taxes, sales, property taxes. We don’t hide them in off shore banks nor live off loopholes and corporate welfare as Mitt Romney.

8. Soulvigilante says:

Gee, and I thought Ken Griffin was just a milquetoast organist. Who knew?

9. personsname0 says:

good show

10. azrial4421 says:

they dont criticize themselves nearly enough, their show should just be about what complete idiots they are.

11. acadianalien says:

The big difference is that TYT never deny their liberal biases and don’t think criticizing Democrats is off-limits. Heck TYT even criticize themselves from time to time.

12. azrial4421 says:

TYT label themselves Liberal, why would you listen to a biased news program? Or do liberals not care about that?

13. John Smith says:

The young terks have pissed me the hell off since they basically called black republicans stupid for not voting for obama because they were black
    THis whole rich are evil thing is pretty fucking annoying. I am 1% and guess what? No one works for me. I don’t fire anyone, i am not in that position. I don’t own more than 1 house. I don’t own a mega corporation. I work full time. I don’t have a team of lawyers find tax loopholes. and MOST 1%ers are LIKE ME. after taxes im not even close to 1%.

14. Monikavonsami says:

@xqpelio yeah i have spent over 15k on make money products and most were full of crap! i dont regret a moment cause i learned tons and ended up finding a goldmine method which allowed me to quit my job. lucky, you don’t have to go through my pain you can get it here: bit.ly/KFLVQM?=joupu

15. eyeammi says:

Romney successfully acquired cash for sure, but why don’t you ask HOW he made his money? Yeah, Romney did a bang up job driving businesses into bankruptcy through “Bain Capital” (you couldn’t make up a more ironic name). Yet, even when Bain failed, Romney still pocketed $millions by gluttonously leaching profits at the expense of employees’ wages, hours, benefits & even their jobs entirely. That’s business as usual for Romney. That’s his brand of “success” & being president won’t change that.

16. kondor123279 says:

/watch?v=Kn8pXo0Mtok

17. EclecticSceptic says:

It doesn’t have to be that way.

18. mrburradasful says:

You calling Liberals “pussies” because he just called out your corrupt party??

19. TheGarfuncle says:

America is such a joke. Again, as I’ve said before, the U.S is the most backwards country in the Western World. The rest of the west have social democratic parties? “COMMUNISTS!” Healthcare? Wellfare? “BUMS!” A better standard of living, education, information, technology, and views on over-zealous religious nut-jobs that don’t exist outside of the U.S, Africa and the Middle East? “GODLESS!”

Yeah, America…you keep screaming your #1 while you burn in greed and religious zealotry.

20. Jakevip24 says:

Liberal pussies spread like a virus.

21. oldoldoldoldold says:

Oh god the Faux News shills are out in force today…

22. JPintheNC says:

I have a really important opinion! OKAY!? Yours is stoopid! So don’t even think about thinking! America!!!!!!!!

23. News107 says:

How can Bush inherit the politics to his son and how can Clinton inherit the politics to his wife. This is no democracy. They can only build war not peace. The US-american people have to wake up and take to the streets and demonstrate against their politicians. No war!

24. HordeLord13 says:

fuck Romney how dare he be successful, never let a business man be president because they will balance the budget …pure evil. my vote goes out to lord Obama because he’s goina give me things.

25. genie0390 says:

in your delusional world the rich have all this money hoarded away in some bins or in their mattresses?

give it to Obowma, who will give it to the poor who will spend, make more money for the rich, haha, in your dreams

money Obowma wants to transfer away from the rich, already being used for business purposes. decreasing that will hurt the economy.

go to school study basic economics and acquire common sense